Best Womens Puffer Jacket
Winter months bring on chilly temperatures in addition to a variety of holiday parties and outdoor activities. And when you are searching for the best womens puffer jacket, you need to consider not only function but also style and vice-versa.
The puffer jacket is known for a quilted design and is filled with synthetic fibers and down insulation. Combined all these, it will give you an all over warmth and a lightweight feel.
You can find a womens puffer jacket with a faux fur-lined hood, slim fitting cut, and cinched waist for a sleek and stylish silhouette. Whether you’re looking for a long coat for your morning walk to work, a short jacket to look fashionable on the ski slopes, or a sleeveless puffer jacket to wear with that ideal holiday outfit, this post can help you fall in love with the perfect warm womens puffer coat.
What Is a Puffer Jacket?
When choosing the best puffer jacket women’s wardrobes need extra attention. You should be looking for the best style for your climate to make sure you are comfortable wearing the jacket on a variety of occasions. You can spot the jacket by its trademark plush and puffy look.
As can be seen in the list below, this jacket is made by encasing down feathers into a synthetic material with unique stitching. You can find a warm puffer jacket with vertical stitching that gives it a classic design and slimming fit. Other jackets come with vertical stitching that offers a substantial look when you’re in frigid temperatures. Likewise, you can find diamond stitching that provides a unique appearance for special occasions.
Ultimately, most of these jackets are water and wind resistant and will keep you warm and cozy.
What Is The Best Womens Puffer Jacket Shoppers Are Buying On Amazon?
Finding a cute coat that offers both function and style has never been easier with a womens puffer jacket. The newest updates for the season offer beautiful design, and the goose-down filling makes you feel like you’re wrapped in a cloud of comfort. You will find a warm puffer jacket in traditional dark colors or bold, trendy options perfect for everyday and special events.
If you do a quick search on Amazon for ‘best womens puffer jacket’, you may be shocked at how many results are pulled up. It is important to realize to pay attention to quality and past customer reviews.
Many brands may get poor reviews due to the poor material they use in making their jacket, but you can rest assured that all of our top picks for the best womens puffer jacket received at least four stars.
• Details: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, with body/sleeve filler of 90% White Duck Down and 10% Feathers, windproof
• User said: This green puffer jacket, as shown above, is worth the money! I can tell I’ll be wearing this jacket for years to come. I love the huge pockets and hood, and it is long enough to cover your butt if you’re wearing leggings. Also, while the body part of the jacket is puffy, the sleeves are much more fitted, so you don’t look huge while wearing it. The hip area is a little snug, but there’s a zipper to adjust it and give you more wiggle room. This jacket is very cozy while feeling very lightweight at the same time – obviously, my new favorite jacket.
• Details: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, hooded with removable faux fur trim, 90% Down 10% Feather
• User said: I’m in LOVE with this black puffer coat! I wore it on Niagara falls trip where the temperature got to 3 degrees F, and all I can say is this coat kept me super warm and has been the best I have ever purchased. It snowed a lot, we had snow fights, I laid on the snow, and I didn’t get wet at all and didn’t feel any cold. Highly recommend this to anyone. Once you get the sizing trick (buy two sizes bigger) it’s just perfect!
• Details: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, Omni-Heat insulation: 50% polyester/50% recycled polyester
• User said: I just ordered my third Mighty Lite in five years, and I cannot praise this jacket enough. I live in Texas where we have cold mornings but warm afternoons at certain times of the year. Instead of lugging a bulky jacket home with me in the afternoon, I can easily pack this away in my backpack for my commute. And when winter sets in, I can count on this hooded puffer jacket to keep me warm and dry all day long. Finally, the thumb hole cuffs help seal in the warmth around the wrists, especially when paired with gloves. All in all, this warm puffer jacket from Columbia is perfect for me!
• Details: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, 80% Duck Down, 20% Feather
• User said: I LOVE the coat, and so do others apparently because I started getting compliments the first night I wore it. I wish I would have had this on my Europe trip last year because it’s so lightweight, but keeps me so surprisingly warm (tested so far in 40-something degree temps). It’s absolutely perfect for what I wanted — something warmer than a windbreaker but just as sporty, and lighter than a bulky/heavy winter coat. I’m delighted with this quality product that is precisely what the supplier advertises it to be, and I would absolutely recommend it for others.
• Details: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, 100% Nylon, packs into drawstring pouch
• User said: I always wore large 600+ fill heavy down coats and were skeptical a lightweight women’s packable down jacket would be warm, but I was wrong, We just experienced a 7-day arctic blast with below zero wind chills, and the Calvin Klein coat did the job. Not only the length is perfect and kept me warm, but also, it is comfortable to drive in. And I don’t mind having it on when shopping at the mall and supermarket.
• Details: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, 100% polyester sweater heather, moisture-resistant Down Defender treatment
• User said: I bought this puffer jacket with fur hood for a trip to Alaska in the winter. (I live in Florida and we don’t have winters here.) The jacket fits me perfectly. I bought this one and another to try on and unlike the other one, this was by far the better jacket. The texture of the fabric and how it did not take up much room in my suitcase when folded down is terrific! How I wish we have winters here because I would wear the jacket more often.
• Details: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, shell and lining is 100% Polyester
• User said: The jacket fits me perfectly. The length is perfect – not too long and not too short. It is lightweight but warm. Also, the quality is as good as the North Face Transit jacket but without the huge price tag. Highly recommend ladies puffer coat with fur hood for the price.
• Details: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, shell & lining: Nylon, fill: Down/Polyester
• User said: I ordered this jacket in black last year and loved everything about it. Firstly, it is super lightweight. Secondly, it rolls up well to fit in my (large) purse or weekender bag. Thirdly, it is warm enough for snow-skiing. And most importantly, it is high quality and looks fantastic on! In that case, I ordered two more this year in legion blue, and champagne, as well as a white vest and I, love them all. I can’t say enough great things about this brand & their products!
• Details: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation
• User said: This women’s down parka with fur hood is the best I have owned in years. It is dressy enough for work or going out when it’s super cold, but casual enough for jeans. The fact that the zipper of this black puffer jacket can be zip opened at the bottom to allow you to sit down is fab. In addition to that, the length is great for staying warm, and the hood does as it should without ever feeling it is in the way (which hoods tend to do in my opinion). I get a lot of compliments on this coat. Most importantly, it keeps me warm and dry.
• Details: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, 94% Polyester, 6% Nylon
• User said: When I am wearing a coat, I want it to fit without being tight in the arms, especially if I am wearing long sleeves or layers. This puffer jacket has plenty of arm space in the sleeves, and I can zip the coat up without being constrictive. Also, on the other side, it’s not baggy either. It’s a great fit! We’ve had some early cold temperatures, and I’ve gotten to wear it already. It kept me toasty warm, and It doesn’t compress as much as some puffer jackets. It’s made well, and I am delighted with it.
What are the factors to consider when choosing the best womens puffer jacket?
Cozy and Snug in a Warm Puffer Jacket
Although you want the best puffer jacket women’s bodies are all unique and finding the warmth you want without looking like a marshmallow is essential. Most brands produce their jackets from the warmest materials made from geese or ducks commonly known as Down. The feathers trap air thus provides more insulation.
On the other hand, Down alternatives made from synthetic fibers are also perfect for keeping you warm. Most shoppers opt for this kind of womens puffer jacket because they are usually a little less expensive.
Ultimately, when shopping for a womens puffer jacket, it is important to pay close attention to the fill number. If you live in a chilly climate, a fill power of 550 or more is going to keep you the warmest. You can also find guarantees and certifications on the label to make sure you’re getting high quality and environmentally responsible down filling.
Sleek and Sexy Sizes
Choosing the perfect size for your women’s puffer jacket depends on how and where you plan to wear it. For instance, If you plan to walk around the snowy streets of the city while window shopping, a long jacket will keep your derriere warm and cozy.
At the same time, a shorter coat will also make a fashion statement when you are out with girls or attending a party. You may want to show off your cute outfit, and a short warm puffer jacket will look great and keep you comfortable.
You will find the best puffer jacket women’s attire in all sizes and shapes from extra small to plus sizes.
Gorgeous and Alluring Colors
Your friends will envy the amazing style of your womens puffer jacket. Stock your closet with a variety of colors so you will have the perfect coat for the occasion.
If you’re attending a formal event, you will want to wear a neutral color like black, brown, or grey. When meeting friends for drinks or a holiday party, a red or bright colored warm puffer jacket will look amazing. Lastly, if you want to look unique and stand out from the crowd, the best puffer jacket women’s floral or chevron style will make your friends jealous of your fashion sense.
Sporty and Trendy Styles
A variety of styles for your womens puffer jacket will offer options for every day of the week. If you are looking for a sexy style, find one of the faux fur hooded jackets. Not only do they come in amazing colors, but also the furry hood will keep you warm and provide a seductive and flirtatious design.
Likewise, If you live in a warmer climate, but still want to stay with the current trends, the best puffer jacket women’s vest style is amazing. It can provide a pop of color to your outfit without being overwhelming or too warm. Choose a puffer vest with cute stitching, and it could be the best part of your ensemble.
The best part of a womens puffer jacket is the amazing variety. You can find your perfect style while still enjoying the features like a hood, multiple pockets, zippers, and drawstrings. Choosing puffer jackets that will work for all occasions will compliment your entire winter wardrobe.
Have you got any suggestions of your own for the best womens puffer jac ket? Let us know in the comments!
Please note that most of the links above are affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, this site will earn a commission when you click through them and make a purchase. Thank you for all your support!