Best Party Dresses For Women
Whenever someone mentions party dresses, we are immediately reminded of sleek, long, body-hugging maxis move along as you sashay around the stairs. But there’s more than what meets the eye and today, we’ll feature 10 best party dresses for women to get you in the mood to PARTAY because you deserve it.
From sparkles done right to midday invites or midnight flashlights, we’ve covered everything that cuts the mustard for you. Want to find what you’ve meant to wear to a party since ages? Scroll further!
What Are The Best Party Dresses For Women?
Party dresses for women get defined by their occasion, of course, there’s a right and wrong of everything, and you must choose without haste. There’s holiday festivities to consider, weddings to attend, cocktail parties and even if parties are over, events are piling up here and there to wander your gaze over your wardrobe.
We’ll meet the rules, dress codes and styles you’ll need to whatever is coming up the next day, week, month, or year. From long party dresses to short party dresses, to formal party dresses and evening party dresses, we’ve gotten down to the highest-rated ones in this list.
Score Major Style Points
Whether you are looking for the girls’ party dresses or invited to a summer party where summer party dresses are huge, this bodycon ruched dress will go a long way to fit you in the right places and look casually beautiful. It’s just what a girl must wear to a get-together with her favorite besties! Crafted from polyester and cotton, it’s breathable, slinky, soft and easy to get into!
• Loved For: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, body-conscious fit, versatility
• User said: I love this dress! I got it in black and grey, and I pair it with booties and a long cardigan. It’s great for dressing up or down, and also looks sharp with a moto jacket or a drape front jacket. The ruching is great to hide the tummy area!
WHERE TO BUY:
Got a wedding invite or an evening party on the agenda? This is one of the best blue party dresses we’d ever vouch for. Dresses that sit true to your form and don’t completely cover your heels are great! This embellished gown features sequins on chiffon fabric and a ribbon that adds the nipped waist effect. We love this gorgeousness!
• Loved For: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, beaded and sequined embellishments, mermaid silhouette
• User said: I wore this dress in the navy color to my sister’s wedding as the Maid of Honor. I loved it; I felt super comfy in it the whole night. I also like that Adrianna Papell makes so many different size options. Beautiful, stunning, head-turning dress for a very reasonable price!
WHERE TO BUY:
Sexiness Is The Key To Preparation
A yay to minidress party dresses for women, they are sexy, sweet and everything you need to look upbeat! This flashy sequinned minidress is perfect for a night out, it’s lined, has cap sleeves and includes a plunging neckline that shouts party-ready! You cannot say No to this at all – and consumers love it for its sex appeal!
• Loved For: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, eye-catching sequins, figure-flaunting
• User said: This dress would be great for a vegas night, holiday party or New Year’s Eve, too. I wore it to my birthday party, and it was perfect! The sequins are beautiful, and it was really comfy. The dress has a right amount of stretch in the bottom so you can walk comfortably.
WHERE TO BUY:
What A Wise Choice
If you’re hunting for red party dresses for women that go effortlessly from work straight to night or say ideally on Valentine’s day, this red dress fits the bill impeccably well. Its lovely and will look awesome paired with a jacket. It displays a jewel neckline, A-line silhouette and mesh details on the hem which provides a very neat look. A must-have for every occasion!
• Loved For: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, classic and timeless
• User said: This dress is timeless. I purchased this dress in red and liked it so much that I ordered another one in a different color. The dress is fitted to complement the figure, and the hem hits right at the knee. It’s suitable for work and a night out.
WHERE TO BUY:
You’ll Get Loads Of Compliments
Cocktail and party dresses for women that come to terms with the dress code flawlessly and make you stand out in a crowd are hard to find, but this lace dress lets us reconsider. Its Soutache appliqué over a base of lace which makes it a unique pick for a cocktail party.Something you can pull on and slay without a doubt!
• Loved For: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, curve hugging, classic
• User said: This dress is fabulous. It is comfortable and very slimming. It runs large, so I ordered one size down as suggested and it fits perfectly. I love, love, love it!
WHERE TO BUY:
Classy Without Saying It
White party dresses for women are particularly useful when you’ve got a bridal shower or a wedding to attend. And we’ve been going slightly gaga over this white lace sleeveless sheath dress with its net-like appeal. A perfect blend of innocence, giving a well-tailored appearance. Wear it with your head held high and appropriate heels!
• Loved For: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, pretty lace overlay, scalloped hem, sleeveless sheath
• User said: This dress is perfect for a wedding to a work party. I first wore this with a white jacket, shoes, purse, and earrings. A month later I used it with all silver accessories for a wedding and pearls and black for a baby shower. It is comfortable and hides my belly bump. Great dress!
WHERE TO BUY:
Black Looks Good On Everyone
Yes, exactly and that’s not an understatement when we discuss black party dresses for women. This black lace dress is unlike anything we’ve ever seen. Whether you’ve got a date or a promising evening party on your schedule, this will be a treat to wear. Combine it with your best jewelry pieces for that extra bling, trusty heels, naturally-enhancing makeup, and all eyes will be on you, trust us!
• Loved For: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, high neck, classy
• User said: I just received this dress in Navy for a spring wedding that I’m attending. The dress is pretty, good quality, classy and a bit more interesting than the standard sheath I always seem to buy. Love it!
WHERE TO BUY:
Consumers Approve This In Big Numbers
Talk about party dresses for young women that fit like a glove, look enchantingly beautiful and add that slender verve to any young wearer. Whether you’re getting ready as a bridesmaid, heading to a birthday party or a formal get-together with your girls, this will do fantastically. This is a very chic allover lace dress that makes it so easy to put on.
• Loved For: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, fit-and-flare silhouette, figure-flattering, works for petite
• User said: Perfect little dress! It fits me perfectly everywhere and is well made for the price. I am 5’2” so the hem sits just above my knee which is just right. The slight flare gives it a more mature look.
WHERE TO BUY:
This Taught Us Love
Every once in a while an upcoming formal event confuses you in the dressing matters, you search for formal party dresses for women, only to become more baffled by the second. Enter this off-the-shoulder gown which looks arrestingly pretty without saying and would look good on anyone. The skirt cascades as you walk, turning you into a fluttery goddess, that’s all the better for the onlookers to watch.
• Loved For: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, slender , off-the-shoulder neckline
• User said: Gorgeous dress! It has a great shape, flattering for hourglass figures and very chic. Also, it looks way more expensive than it is.
WHERE TO BUY:
Go From Work To Party Pretty Fast
Attending birthdays requires a bit of work when you don’t want to look overdone or undone. If we had one option to choose from birthday party dresses for women, we’d go for this faux-wrap dress, serving such a classic style for a birthday occasion. The wrap silhouette keeps the body in place and your overall form in check. So simple, so good!
• Loved For: ★★★★ | Available in different colors, classic, sparkling hardware detail
• User said: I love this dress! Not only the fabric is terrific, but also the dress is very flattering and classy. I ordered black which can be worn for many occasions. Again, I love this dress
WHERE TO BUY:
How do I choose the right dress?
Purchasing a dress for your next event is easier said than done because there are other worth-considering hallmarks to lay the foundation of a perfect party dress. Such as finding something that compliments your body shape, complexion, and thingamajigs that go under your dress.
First, you create a base and then you choose a dress. Read how that’s done below!
Determine Your Body Shape & Problems
A dress that’s loose in the arms, tight in the bust and awkwardly unshapely certainly won’t do you any good at all – forget making an impression. Finding a dress that fits you faultlessly is utmost important.
Ignore prints that particularly center around your bottom and opt for straight cuts to draw attention away from your hips.
Opt for backs that lie low, dresses with trains or bodycons that add that lovely, round butt effect.
Flared and fishtail gowns will give a curvy butt.
Low-cut dresses with square necklines or strappy dresses with wider straps will undoubtedly minimize the fullness of your breasts.
Spaghetti straps, padded gowns, long sleeves, high necks, and low necklines certainly offer a fuller chest.
Empire cuts, floor lengths, and some spaghetti straps will draw attention to your bust, providing a more curvaceous waist.
Chiffon, Silks, and Satin tend to bring out the loose bits of your tummy so to flatten that out with an effect, try belted gowns, flared or empire cuts. Or a fitting shape-wear underneath might hold it in.
Know Your Skin Tone
You have to make dress decisions keeping your skin tone in mind because the wrong color can give off a wrong complexion, think pallid, Grey and all other sickly hues. You certainly don’t want to go wan at the last minute. Check out our tips below.
FIND YOUR SKIN TONE?
• Warm-Toned: Look at your wrist, and if you have slightly green veins, you’re warm-toned.
• Cool-Toned: If you have more blue than green, you’re cool-toned.
• Neutral: If you’re a mix of both, you’re neutral-toned.
If this test fails you, determine which jewelry do you lean towards more, Gold or Silver? Gold relays warm-toned, and silver relays a cool tone.
Choose colors with a warmer hue, that’s a no-brainer! You’ve got your oranges, yellows, and golds and even when it comes to cool colors, select ones that lean warm, such as green in a shade of olive, blue in a shade of turquoise, and pink in a shade of coral.
Brights with a touch of cool are your thang! And darks make fail-safe bets too. Rose shades, typically pinks and reds would look beautiful on you.
You’re blessed because all shades mostly suit you! Though, avoid anything overly flashy that blocks out your natural coloring.
• Net skirts are a big No as they appear to be too childish. Leave them for young girls alone.
• Avoid the four all-in-ones, yes we’re talking about backless, tight, strapless and short – simply put, it’s a recipe for disaster.
• Don’t buy dresses and skirts that fall right at your calf because it looks unappealing and outdated.
• Choose Shapewear to target all body problems.
• Pick bras that can be worn under all sorts of necklines.
• For added curves, go for padded options
• Always choose an undergarment size you usually wear.
• Forget nude tights, they’re impossible to work with. When it’s time to show skin, shave, moisturize, and put on a fake tan for that healthy, sexy glow.
This sums up our list of the best party dresses for women! Got something better to add, hit the comment box below!